Manager - Print ManagementApply Job ID 18622 Date posted Jan. 21, 2021 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Manager, Print Management is to be a day-to-day leader for the Print Specialists and Supervisors within his/her Category and represent expertise in the assigned business segment. The Manager, Print Management will use his/her expertise to ensure that all Specialists are acting in accordance with best practices for their industry, are performing their work on time and of the expected equality, and are following the Standard Operating Procedures for Print Management.
The Manager, Print Management is expected to possess strong management skills and understand how to break a project into both strategic and tactical initiatives and ensure assigned team members are supporting these initiatives effectively and efficiently. The Manager, Print Management must be able to set the path for their direct reports, ensure they are following that path, and address deviations from that path with the proper approach when necessary. Furthermore, The Manager, Print Management is expected to be an experienced leader in print purchasing, print project management, and have a full understanding of industry standards and print practices. As a proactive measure, the Manager, Print Management will stay at the forefront of industry knowledge for his/her Category and will be expected to work directly with Clients at a senior level.
When required, the Manager, Print Management may also periodically perform the role of Supervisor and/or procure and manage projects in the role of a Specialist. In this capacity, he/she will ensure that all incoming requests for quote meet the minimum requirements for estimating and that all specifications represent the best value proposition for the project. Once a project has been awarded, the Manager, Print Management will be responsible for managing the project from production through billing, unless properly and thoroughly delegated to a Supervisor or Specialist.
The Manager, Print Management will work to ensure that the company’s position in the print purchasing market is one that benefits both the company and Clients. Similarly, the Manager, Print Management must be aware of the profitability and ensure that projects run smoothly to maximize profit while lowering Client expenses. When required, the Manager, Print Management must meet directly with Clients and exhibit a sense of professionalism and urgency and exude a confidence in being a representative for his/her category.
- Ensure that his/her team is managing projects efficiently, timely, and cost-effectively
- Develop standards for quality, production methods, and pricing for the team
- Ensure task reports are distributed to all members of the team
- Review task reports daily to ensure Category tasks are completed on time
- Onboard and train new Specialists, and provide follow-up training as needed
- Assign long-term Client and product focuses to each Specialist
- Ensure ongoing skill development for Specialists
- Perform annual reviews for direct reports
- Meet regularly with the Specialists to communicate department initiatives
- Monitor the Print Specialists to ensure they are providing complete and accurate estimates on-time to Client
- Ensure team is providing complete and accurate purchase orders to vendors
- Ensure team is effectively managing key milestones of production
- Ensure quality samples are delivered by required date/time
- Ensure tracking numbers are delivered by required date/time
- Ensure team is turning billing over to Accounting in an accurate and timely manner
- Review all estimates and purchase orders meeting criteria for review as set by Director
- Ensure Specialists are regularly providing Clients what they are asking for AND options for how to improve the quality, impact, and cost effectiveness of products
- Assist Client Services and other members of Print Management with print questions and provide informed recommendations
- Ensure that Client Services receives the highest level of service from his/her Category
- Enthusiastically support the processes, procedures, and mandates of Print Management leadership in all interactions with direct reports
- Meet regularly with the Director, Print Management on department initiatives
- Maintain recurring department reports
- Work with Director, Print Management to qualify potential vendors through a standard protocol
- Advance industry knowledge through trade groups, seminars, plant visits
- Multitask and prioritize tasks by urgency
- Set goals and achieve them by a stated date/time
- Take an analytical approach to problem solving
- Develop quick and creative solutions for production issues
- Act on his/her own initiative but take direction when needed
- Maintain a respectful relationship with employees
- Review incoming RFQs and promptly assign each to the proper Specialist
- Review incoming RFQs for completeness and provide direction on supplier selections
- Review incoming RFQs for completeness and provide recommendations
- Follow published Standard Operating Procedures for the Print Management Department
- Attend /perform press checks as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as outlined by Director, Print Management
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: 2 – 4 college degree or equivalent
3-5 years experience personnel management in print marketing or related industry
3-5 years experience in print purchasing / print management or related industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced of production processes for his/her category
- Strong knowledge of print/paper/logistics industry practices
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with print project management software
- Experience with digital and mobile communications (email, cell phone, remote server access, etc.)
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.