Manager - Sourcing OperationsApply Job ID 12626 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Manager, Sourcing Operations (MSO) is expected to possess an aptitude for management and finding ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sourcing / purchasing in the field of print management. Additionally, the MSO must possess an understanding of industry standards and practices related to printing, technologies and processes associated with data-driven sourcing techniques, and the ability to work across departments and with key leadership to optimize print purchasing processes. The MSO must have the experience to understand and work with purchasing data to fulfill his/her role in leading the sourcing team in the application of insights derived from such data analysis.
The primary role of the MSO will be to collaborate with print management leadership to create, apply and maintain a vision for the sourcing operations team, which supports the operations of the print management group. The primary disciplines for sourcing operations include market analysis / competitive bidding for print opportunities, supplier onboarding and management, and assisting in the development and maintenance of Quad's proprietary print sourcing technology platform. The MSO will work with his/her Director to ensure the goals of print management are supported by effective strategies, and then lead the sourcing operations team to ensure proper execution of those strategies.
Quad expects that the MSO will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Quad and will contribute his or her utmost to assist Quad in achieving its stated goals. Quad expects that all employees, including the MSO, to fully support Quad's position/relationship with its Clients.
- Identifying areas for operational improvement in Quad's print sourcing process
- Thinking creatively about the print management business and how to drive best results in purchasing
- Leading team in effectively managing supplier onboarding and supplier accountability to quality and on-time performance.
- Ensuring detailed supplier data (i.e. capabilities, products, services) are organized and leveraged within outsourcing tools to enable the deep and time-critical market analysis of our print management process.
- Committing to actively driving and supporting the vision for changes in our business process, technology and strategies
- Collaborating with the Marketing Innovations Technology (MIT) team to explore ways to improve, innovate, and iterate sourcing technology
- Leading regular reviews with the print management category leads to review supplier performance and engagement
- Providing input to strategic planning
- Generating actionable solutions to overcome obstacles and inefficiencies
- Conducting weekly production meetings and monitor performance of his/her category
- Assisting with department training on process and sourcing technology as directed
- Studying industry trends and printing practices to ensure systems and processes are in line with advancements
- Other responsibilities as outlined by Director
Education & Experience:
- 4 year college education or equivalent
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Advanced experience (5+ years) in print purchasing/management or a related industry
- Management experience
- Knowledge of commercial printing and prepress processes
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Travel is required as specified by supervisor
- Temporary assignments (out-of-town)
- Demonstrate stamina in the pursuit for new strategies and different approaches
- Willingly embrace new ideas and technology to support changes to our business
- Realize quickly when to change directions
- Identify cost efficiencies to manage the bottom-line
- Empower others to make decisions (with supervision)
- Commit to developing own skills to becoming a more effective leader
- Demonstrate the ability to praise and discipline direct reports
- Possess the ability to communicate complex production processes with internal staff and/or clients
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to help others achieve their best
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to help people learn to work together
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from superiors
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and employees
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships
- Possess the ability to work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
System Skills Required:
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- PC Based hardware/software including (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Laser printing devices
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Corporate office from remote locations
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.