Production Artist - Strategic Operations Support (SOS)Apply Job ID 15168 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The SOS Production Artist will design new ads, perform modifications to existing ads as needed, and electronically rework, assemble, create and build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. This individual must be creative and be able to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. These tasks may include, but not be limited to, data entry and type-setting, image manipulation, and art creation or modification.
- Attend new project turnovers and weekly production meetings as part of client’s creative team
- Propose creative concept elements for projects
- Create layout comps and presentation materials as requested
- Maintain accuracy in page building
- Create error-free documents
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs
- Act as liaison between client and prepress department
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Willingness to relocate to support one of our nationwide client support teams
- Travel as required
- 4-year college education or equivalent in graphic design
- 2 or more years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist
- Knowledge of printing, prepress and digital processes
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications
- Understanding of general advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Macintosh-based hardware and
software systems that include, but are not limited to:
Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign CC, Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC, Microsoft Office and Acrobat.
- Network, internet, email communication systems
- Laser printing devices
- Temporary assignments (out-of-town)
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.