Sourcing Operations SpecialistApply Job ID 12623 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Sourcing Operations Specialist (SOS) position is part of the Sourcing Operations category in Quad’s Corporate Services (Print Management) Department. The Sourcing Operations category is responsible for developing and maintaining sourcing operations and supporting the ongoing business of the print management group, which includes market analysis, assessing and vetting new business opportunities (RFI/RFP), and market reviews that are not part of the standard project workflow (developing standard price lists, aggregating spend across like products, etc.)
The SOS is expected to develop his/her experience in print purchasing and project management and maintain a solid understanding of print industry standards and practices to further the print production goals of the department. With this knowledge, The SOS will ensure that all incoming requests for analysis meet the minimum requirements for estimating and that all specifications represent the best value proposition for the project. The SOS will ensure accuracy and standardization of all estimates and purchase orders for his/her assigned projects.
The SOS may support the print management team for specific project on-going project needs as defined by Manager. In these cases, the SOS will be responsible for managing the project from production through delivery and billing. The SOS will ensure that all available Quad and vendor resources are aligned to produce each project in a streamlined, cost-effective manner with the highest degree of quality.
- Collaborate with print management category experts and leverage sourcing technology to ensure engagement with the best-positioned suppliers for incoming opportunities based on capabilities and equipment
- Support print management team for Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) engagements
- Works with print management categories and leadership to develop price lists for common recurring items and create standardization wherever possible to maximize efficiency of operations and spend leverage
- Work with manager and sourcing operations analyst to ensure sourcing data is collected, well organized, and efficiently usable / accessible for functional workflow and reporting needs
- Ensure that internal and external stakeholders receive the highest level of service
- Manage projects in an efficient, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Multitask and prioritize tasks by urgency
- Set goals and achieve tasks by a stated date/time
- Take an analytical approach to problem solving
- Review incoming requests for completeness and provide informed recommendations where needed to ensure completeness of spec data that is sent to market for pricing
- Review pricing responses / proposals for accuracy (pricing, specifications, etc.) comparing to historical information when applicable.
- Provide complete and accurate purchase orders to vendors
- Effectively manage key milestones of production when applicable
- Maintain a respectful relationship with employees
- Work with category leadership to maintain standards for quality, production methods, and program pricing for the category
- Act on his/her own initiative but take direction when needed
- Speak, read, and write in the English language
- Perform other responsibilities as outlined by Manager
- Review incoming RFQs for completeness and provide recommendations
- Review preliminary estimates for accuracy, price, and margin, comparing to historical information when available.
- Effectively manage key milestones of production
- Ensure quality samples are delivered by required date/time
- Ensure tracking numbers are delivered by required date/time
- Follow published Standard Operating Procedures for the Corporate Services Department
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 year college degree or equivalent
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- 0-3 years of experience in print purchasing or related industry
- Strong knowledge of production processes for his/her category
- Strong knowledge of print/paper/logistics industry practices
System Skills Required:
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with print project management software
- Experience with digital and mobile communications (email, cell phone, remote server access, etc.)
- Travel as required by Management Team
- Temporary assignments (out-of-town)
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.