Sr. Graphic DesignerApply Job ID 20854 Date posted Oct.. 13, 2021 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Senior Graphic Designer is expected to possess an aptitude for production/design, an awareness of the Quad’s production/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to Graphic Arts, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Senior Graphic Designer must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
The Senior Graphic Designer is expected to:
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation material as requested
- Attend client meetings and present creative materials and ideas
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications. This includes, but not limited to data entry and type setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare digital assets using scanners and or digital cameras
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Possess knowledge of POS and store signage
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs This includes direct communications with the client
- Have the ability to develop and execute a project from concept to print
- Mentor Graphic Designers and Production Personnel to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency of the team, including but not limited to hard skill improvement and work habits
- Work closely with design team as well as client’s marketing groups to collaborate on creative direction
- Preflight and release final art files to printer efficiently and accurately
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 4-year college education or equivalent in Graphic Design
- 5+ years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with the design team to achieve their best
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from management
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and associates
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships
- Possess the ability to work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from management to improve quality and performance
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Accuracy in page building
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output.
- Preflight and packaging of files necessary.
- Familiarity with Oyster or prepress troubleshooting software
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of the web, internet, and ftp technology
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate from various locations
- Previous experience concepting design layouts and revisions according to client expectations
- A strong eye for design and page composition and layout
- Demonstrates proficiency utilizing InDesign and the remainder of the Adobe Creative Software Suite (Illustrator®, Photoshop®, Acrobat® and Bridge); other Graphic Design Software: Font Management Systems, Stuffit, Quark, familiarity with Flash and HTML a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment – work overtime as needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.