Business Analyst ManagerApply Job ID 15092 Date posted Sep. 09, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Business Analyst Manager to be based our of our Flower Mound, TX Office. The Business Analyst Manager is an essential leadership role in the Marketing Innovations & Technology team. This person should be a thought leader, visionary and creative problem solver; who is responsible for leading business analysts in their efforts to effectively consult with and solve for clients leveraging people, process and technology.
- Provide analysis, solution definition for client solutions and product roadmaps.
- Quickly understand the business issues and information challenges of client's organization and industry.
- Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Supply thought leadership when it comes to problem solving and demonstrate the ability to envision & articulate an ideal future state for clients.
- Define templates and provide direction for team members to help them define solution requirements, business process mapping and prototypes.
- Provide guidance and oversight for client discovery, research and solutioning performed by analysts.
- Understand organizational dependencies, regulatory constraints, technical limitations, and other factors that may impact the user experience.
- Identify risks and provide potential solutions by independently investigating new technologies & processes and consolidating research into actionable steps for engineering.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to review, monitor and improve the status of all team projects.
- Track, evaluate and manage performance across the portfolio of product offerings to ensure all are meeting quality metrics.
- Track team performance, identify areas of opportunity with leadership and help execute initiatives to improve the SDLC.
- Help ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with project team for impact analysis of requirement updates.
- Support change control and change management activities.
- Lead efforts with team members and sales to create materials that describe the goals, benefits and functionality of Marketing Innovations & Technology solutions.
- Work with team leads to instill an Agile development methodology; evaluating and approving proper documentation/project templates and procedures.
- Set guidelines for proper estimating in alignment with department goals, and ensure best practices are followed.
- Help define best practices for statement of work documents and ensure these practices are followed to set proper client expectations and protect Quad.
- Monitor Marketing Technology trends & competitors to help define go-to-market approach.
- Evaluate and react to the marketing & retail landscape by adjusting strategy on an ongoing basis in order to keep offerings relevant.
- Play an active sales engineering role in presentations & RFP’s related to new opportunities with existing or potential clients.
- Train other team members in delivering high quality client presentations, and provide feedback around this in an ongoing basis.
- Work to identify, establish & maintain key client relationships.
- Create a culture that supports positive & synergistic relationships with other internal service departments, Quad leadership and stakeholders.
- Regularly meet with Business Analysts to review projects and provide additional direction as necessary.
- Establish team and personal goals with Business Analysts; providing individual mentoring and performance evaluation.
- Provide regular status reports to executive leadership and work with them to establish personal goals; conducting regular meetings for continuous improvement.
- Work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4 years prior analyst and/or SDLC management experience strongly preferred.
- Creative problem solving skills; demonstrating the ability to analyze a business problem, formulate a solution and articulate a future state.
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology, but able to perform in a hybrid methodology SDLC.
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects.
- Demonstrated skills in helping competing groups come to consensus.
- Expertise in modeling of business processes - both current and future.
- Working knowledge of business process and system development.
- Working knowledge of UI/UX standards and best practices.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience dealing with external vendors.
- Experience setting up test scenarios.
- Experience/understanding of business process modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines for multiple projects.
- Collaborative leadership style enabling positive, professional relationships with a diverse group of employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish a good balance between big picture planning and detailed level execution tracking.
- Strong decision-making, negotiation, and relationship management skills.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours on occasion for critical deliverables; including weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters.
- Strong sense of self-motivation and a team-first, can do attitude.
- MS Project, Asana, Smartsheets, Jira, Confluence & MS Visio knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language.
- Basic knowledge of API management, CI/CD & DevOps is a plus.
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe XD & InVision is a plus.
- Experience with Keynote, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign is a plus.
- Travel as required by leadership.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.