Business AnalystApply Job ID 15093 Date posted Sep. 09, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Business Analyst to be based out of our Flower Mound, TX Office. The Business Analyst is an essential role in the Marketing Innovations & Technology team. This person should be a visionary and creative problem solver, who is responsible for researching, gathering, and documenting requirements with clients; and later collaborating with team members to frame out and translate these requirements into meaningful user experiences and strategies.
- Provide analysis, solution definition and contribute to product roadmaps.
- Quickly understand the business issues and information challenges of client's organization and industry.
- Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Supply thought leadership when it comes to problem solving and demonstrate the ability to envision & articulate an ideal future state for clients.
- Consult with clients to determine solution requirements, business processes and make recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Gather Requirements by leading brainstorming sessions, conducting stakeholder interviews, performing competitive analyses, performing heuristic evaluations, leveraging third party research and performing original industry research.
- Create the following analysis artifacts: business rules & requirements, use cases, user stories, user workflows and direction to designers & engineers for prototypes.
- Define Functional Requirements and Specifications such as: system/technical requirements and user acceptance tests
- Present complex concepts in a meaningful and concise manner for clients, project stakeholders, team members, and end users by creating presentations to communicate evolved processes, collaborating with internal stakeholders to align on key messaging points, conducting interviews with team members to understand the roadmaps for multiple products and managing versions of collateral across multiple clients.
- Understand organizational dependencies, regulatory constraints, technical limitations, and other factors that may impact the user experience.
- Identify risks and provide potential solutions by independently investigating new technologies & processes and consolidating research into actionable steps for engineering.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and clients in all stages of the project lifecycle to: manage projects and drive delivery timelines, create client-facing reports highlighting project status, manage project budgets and manage/lead client meetings to cultivate Quad’s relationship with them.
- Provide training to users and manage user acceptance tasks; capturing user feedback for evaluation for leadership.
- Help ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with project team for impact analysis of requirement updates.
- Support change control and change management activities.
- Collaborate with team members and sales to create materials that describe the goals, benefits and functionality of Marketing Innovations & Technology solutions.
- Provide regular status reports to managers and work with them to establish personal goals; conducting regular meetings for continuous improvement.
- Work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years prior analyst experience strongly preferred.
- Creative problem solving skills; demonstrating the ability to analyze a business problem, formulate a solution and articulate a future state.
- Understanding of Agile Development Methodology, but able to perform in a hybrid methodology SDLC.
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects.
- Demonstrated skills in helping competing groups come to consensus.
- Expertise in modeling of business processes - both current and future.
- Working knowledge of business process and system development.
- Working knowledge of UI/UX standards and best practices.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience dealing with external vendors.
- Experience setting up test scenarios.
- Experience/understanding of business process modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines for multiple projects.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours on occasion for critical deliverables; including weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters.
- Strong sense of self-motivation and a team-first, can do attitude.
- MS Project, Asana, Smartsheets, Jira, Confluence & MS Visio knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language.
- Knowledge of web, internet and FTP technology.
- Basic knowledge of API management, CI/CD & DevOps is a plus.
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe XD & InVision is a plus.
- Experience with Keynote, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign is a plus.
- Travel as required by Director or Manager.
Additional Company Information:
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.