Design SupervisorApply Job ID 14878 Date posted Aug. 15, 2019 Location Fort Wayne, Indiana Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Manage the production process of weekly circular, printed material
- Participate in design and execution of digital and print graphics; which includes: Producing high volumes of pages, including placement of copy, photos and artwork along with creating and producing well-designed, effective ads that clearly promote the product offerings and messaging of the client’s brand
- Be responsible for ensuring that adequate levels of production are maintained, and such production is of a high standard of quality
- Ensure that equipment, materials and staffing resources are available and to be responsible for planning of work schedules to ensure that production targets and deadlines are achieved, in regard to customer requirements and service objectives
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all project details
- Conduct project start meetings as necessary
- Track all events ensuring schedules are met, including timely notification and status updates to all marketing/production associates as necessary
- Enter jobs into production schedule in a clear, concise manner, utilizing existing tools and systems while following documented procedures
- Regularly inform Site Manager of any issues that may need attention or may be a cause for concern
- Understand print production workflows and be able to efficiently follow them
- Ensure that all staff is adequately trained, and that maximum flexibility of staffing is maintained.
- Encourage and motivate performance, generate and sustain the enthusiasm and commitment of staff and develop a positive environment
- Ensure that staff have regular team briefings
- Perform annual performance reviews with team members at the direction of the site manager
- Organize and authorize annual leave and overtime for staff within set parameters
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the efficiency and productivity
- Routinely review documents to guarantee mechanical soundness and adherence to creative styles
- Develop and refine process to increase productivity of production department without decrease in quality
- Serve as liaison between production and other departments and represent department in associated meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- 2- year college education in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in circular building
- Project Traffic experience
- Previous employee oversight or management experience required
- Database-driven page building experience a plus
- Retail advertising experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Experience in the prepress/graphics arts industry required
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Must have knowledge of the printing industry
- Accuracy in page building and error free postscript documents
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- PC Based hardware/software including (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Graphic Design software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Font management, and Microsoft Office archiving and backup procedures
- Laser printing devices
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Expert familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.