PrePress SpecialistApply Job ID 21034 Date posted Nov. 16, 2021 Location Fort Wayne, Indiana Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Color/Image Specialist is responsible for executing advanced page-builds using a variety of software, as well as tasks necessary to perform color corrections, image manipulations and variable data programming.
- Produce technically sound and content correct files to meet the customer’s expectations and requirements
- Preflight all supplied files using appropriate software (Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Balance color based upon job specifications
- Perform image manipulations/edits as directed
- Perform file trapping and final pagination
- Execute page builds and alterations according to client direction
- Utilize content management tools for retrieving and referencing images and files
- Prepare and print electronic files for various proofing and printing devices
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 3+ years of experience as a Macintosh Operator in a prepress environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, all Adobe software and Page Building applications
- Strong knowledge of prepress processes and systems
- Understanding of color theory, printing and graphics
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to complete work accurately in time-sensitive environment
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.