Art Director - PackagingApply Job ID 15975 Date posted Nov. 25, 2019 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Following the direction of management develop well-designed, dynamic visual elements
- Work with team members to develop creative concepts, sketches and/or storyboards to produce a visual representation of the customer experience (campaigns, videos, etc.)
- Study, use and fully understand creative briefs
- Understand Quad brand and properly adhere to guidelines/requirements
- Proactively collaborate with team members towards enhanced brand execution through effective communication and conceptual development
- Ensure the overall quality of deliverables, ensuring accurate and timely completion on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines within established budgets
- Work in partnership to develop creative elements in accordance with the Quad Packaging creative standards and expectations. This includes planning and directing work as well as troubleshooting concerns and bringing to resolution.
- Create roughs of conceptual/exploratory ideas
- Be a resource for event coordination including creative needs leading up to and day of event requirements
- Work with education liaison and assist with implementation of sustainability education program
- Research products/services to inform design ideas
- Assemble layouts for final production and presentations
- Approve digital or printed proofs as needed
- Maintain archive through processing and tracking professional records/ detailed housekeeping (email, timekeeping, expenses) in proprietary database
- Present professionally to internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing creative solutions for a variety of channels on-brand
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere and Lightroom. Some knowledge of the Windows platform is also required
- Expertise with Microsoft Powerpoint and manipulation of PPT templates is required
- Deep understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, and strategies within those disciplines
- High-level expertise in constructing clean, layered files
- Possesses exceptional typographic and clear, concise solution-based design skill
- Must be familiar with photography and video technology and capable of manipulating content
- Proactive, appropriate and timely communication skills across department, agency and clients
- Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and completes work in a timely fashion
- Holds high regard for personal performance and professional accountability
- Adapts as needed to clients’ needs, feedback and critiques
- Can adjust and streamline priorities within multiple assignments to ensure all goals and objects are met or exceeded
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.