Die Cutter Operator 2nd ShiftApply Job ID 26248 Date posted Nov. 08, 2023 Location Franklin, Wisconsin
Descriptions & Qualifications – External
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, you have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. We value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
At Quad wages for Die Cutter Operator are between $19.25 - $32.65/hr. depending on experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s premier packaging plants and world headquarters is located in Franklin, WI. The Franklin plant is just over 270,000 square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED, and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance.
Mon. - Thurs., 3:00pm - 1:00am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as take actions that support teamwork, safety, contamination control, and efficiency
- Follow the pre-production, make-ready, and production-run tasks
- Operate powered equipment
- Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take-off functions
- Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository
- Cross-train as assigned
- Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Be able to perform work-related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Accurately read and use measuring devices
- Experience with hand tools
- Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in a controlled movement
- Good verbal and written comprehension, with the ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Bobst/Heidelberg Die Cut Machinery
- Some supervisory experience is a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.