First Shift Shipping & Receiving TechnicianApply Job ID 30258 Date posted Feb. 12, 2024 Location Franklin, Wisconsin
So, are you ready to take the reins of your career and soar to new heights? Join us at Quad and embark on a thrilling journey where the only limit is your imagination!!
Picture this: you, with your Material Handling experience, stepping into Quad and immediately being rewarded with a competitive starting wage, starting at $17.50 per hour (or more depending on your level of experience). But that's just the beginning of your adventure with Quad. We're not here to stand still; we're here to help propel you forward, pushing you to exceed your limits and surpass your goals every single day.
Headquartered in Wisconsin, Quad is a $3 billion global marketing experience company, that is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. With over 15,000 employees, our company leverages its strong print foundation through every facet of the marketing journey efficiently and at scale through its innovative, data-driven offerings.
Quad is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Technician at our Franklin, WI location. This will be a 1st shift position Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Shipping & Receiving - Physically receive materials into facilities, reconcile item numbers and quantities to purchase orders, and update inventory system with items, quantities, and locations. Unload finished goods from intercompany shipments and put them into the correct locations. Pull orders for finished goods, stage them for shipment, and load trucks.
- Load & Unload Trucks -- Transport finished goods to the warehouse and put in racks following the inventory system.
- Palletize -- All finished goods.
- Housekeeping and Maintenance - keep shipping and receiving areas clear of debris, organized, and in line with safety protocols. Maintain cleanliness and organization in the warehouse facility.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack, forklift, and other powered industrial trucks.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations.
- The ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written comprehension.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 50 pounds continuously, stand for long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled. movement, receive and follow instructions, and use vision to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work overtime is required. Shift schedules may vary depending on workload. No shifts are guaranteed.
- 3 or more years of experience in material handling and inventory control.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.