Folder/Gluer Operator 2nd ShiftApply Job ID 22061 Date posted Mar. 31, 2022 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadPackaging is one of the country’s fastest growing packaging companies, with state-of-the-art facilities in the United States, Latin America, Asia and Europe. QuadPackaging’s customer-centric consultative approach focuses on innovation, quality and cost-effectiveness. Our revenue-generating solutions include high-end folding cartons, labels, inserts and custom packaging that make our customers’ packages stand out on the retail shelf.
$2000 New Hire Bonus for full time manufacturing employees
Quad is seeking a Full Time 2nd Shift Folder/Gluer Operator at our Franklin, WI plant location. The Operator performs set-up and operates the machine to automatically fold, glue, and affix inserts and/or outserts, security tags and adhesive labels on preprinted stock to ensure that production accurately meets the customer job order.
- Make-Ready functions
- Production: Activate process; monitor production and adjust machine during production run as required. Synchronize speed of machine to maximize crews output.
- Perform and/or arrange for preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Record router information and information for daily production sheets such as: time spent on specific tasks, number of items produced, etc.
- Operators frequently operate and oversee the operation of more than one feeder/gluer operation at one time.
- Occasionally train workers on the Folding and Gluing Machine operations, and the feeding and take off functions.
- Cross train as assigned.
- EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Folding and gluing machines, automatic sealing equipment, Inserters, Tape Heads, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers (EAM), and roller-conveyor table.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training.
- Able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work-related documents.
- Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Familiar with production and processing. Understands inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods. Able to analyze needs and production requirements.
- Troubleshooting experience and skill sufficient to analyze the process, determine what is causing an operating error and/or identify what must be changed, and generate a number of possible solutions and/or use logic and analysis to decide what to do about it.
- Ability to work 4 10-hour shifts, Mon.-Thurs.
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred (Data Collection Station)
- Folding/Gluing Operator Experience preferred
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.