Folder Gluer Operator
- Franklin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
- Make-Ready functions
- Production: Activate process; monitor production and adjust machine during production run as required. Synchronize speed of machine to maximize crews output.
- Perform and/or arrange for preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Record router information and information for daily production sheets such as: time spent on specific tasks, number of items produced, etc.
- Operators frequently operate and oversee the operation of more than one feeder/gluer operation at one time.
- Occasionally train workers on the Folding and Gluing Machine operations, and the feeding and take off functions.
- Cross train as assigned.
- EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Folding and gluing machines, automatic sealing equipment, Inserters, Tape Heads, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers (EAM), and roller-conveyor table.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training.
- Able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work-related documents.
- Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Familiar with production and processing. Understands inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods. Able to analyze needs and production requirements.
- Troubleshooting experience and skill sufficient to analyze the process, determine what is causing an operating error and/or identify what must be changed, and generate a number of possible solutions and/or use logic and analysis to decide what to do about it.
- Candidates MUST be on time and reliable. Adhering to company requirements is required.
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred (Data Collection Station)
- Folding/Gluing Operator Experience preferred
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace