Material Handler - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID 16425 Date posted Jan. 13, 2020 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Material Handler.
Shipping/Receiving efficiently and effectively manages incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments, loads and unloads shipments and manages the palletizing and bailing operations to ensure that production processes accurately meet the customer job order and company recycling and/or disposal protocol. Protect client products and aid Proteus in securing and maintaining key industry certifications.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Gather, fill, and/or prepare items for shipment.
- Count, confirm and document quantity.
- Determine shipment method, use knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Compute shipment space available and/ or charges per standard procedures.
- May affix shipping labels, assemble cardboard and insert items into containers using spacers, fillers or protective padding.
- Bind containers with metal tape using strapping machine or adhesive tape.
- May weigh and record weight of filled containers - Read scale or insert ‘ticket’ into automatic scale recorder; print weight on ticket.
- May convey objects to scale using hand truck and lift objects onto scale.
- As needed, product a label; print and proof read the copy; if accurate, print the appropriate number of labels. Forward and/or affix to pallet as needed.
- Warehouse- Perform any combination of tasks to receive, store, and distribute material, tools and/or equipment, and production stock within the establishment.
- Occasional lifting of 50+ lbs.
- Operators frequently perform multiple functions during the shift - this includes maintaining the baler room. Cross train as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Forklift, clamp lift, power lift, hand jacks, automatic palletizing equipment, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers, roller-conveyor table, elevator sorting/staging platform; and bailer equipment.
- Ability to work Overtime
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training.
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and percent’s
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work related documents. Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Must be familiar with machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance. Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred.
- Certifications / License or must be currently certified to drive and/or operate forklift, power lift, and clamp-lift trucks.
- Troubleshooting experience
- Computer proficient.
- Must be able to perform and coordinate the multiple simultaneous tasks of monitoring, inspecting, packaging, labeling and transfer of completed product.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures or patterns, including comparing a presented object with a remembered object. Documented adaptability, versatility, and capability preferred.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors while loading and unloading deliveries.
- Understand and be proficient using the USA dating system.
- 1+ Years of Shipping/Receiving/Baler experienced preferred.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.