PalletizerApply Job ID 13752 Date posted May. 20, 2019 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad, located in Franklin, WI is seeking a Palletizer Operator.
- Read production and delivery schedules and stacking pattern; determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallet and destination of loaded pallet.
- Observe packages moving along conveyor to identify packages and to detect defective packaging, and ensure detected defective packaging is accumulated in reject line.
- Set and use label maker as needed to correct defective package label.
- Use selector switches, etc to control routing arrangement
- Physically transfer containers onto pallet following pallet pattern configuration from drawing and/or order instructions.
Load pallet onto palletize conveyor, unload when palletizing is completed.
- Visually inspect label to ensure legible and correct for traceability.
- Operates controls for automatic palletizing equipment to sort and move packages of finished products. Stop equipment to clear jams if needed.
- Inform supervisor of equipment malfunctions, or any situation that may jeopardize quality or scheduling.
- The Palletizer Operator will also be required to drive a forklift and clamp truck as needed.
- Responsible for the performance and documentation of prescribed preventative maintenance and general repairs on equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for communicating pertinent information with preceding and following shift.
- Willingly cross-trains in other areas as needed.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Forklift, clamp lift, power lift, hand jacks, automatic palletizing equipment, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers, roller-conveyor table, elevator sorting/staging platform; and bailer equipment
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training.
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and percent’s
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work related documents. Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Must be familiar with machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting experience
- Computer proficient sufficient to access, navigate, receive, move, edit, create, copy, print, save and/or send work communications and/or documents.
- Must be able to perform and coordinate the multiple simultaneous tasks of monitoring, inspecting, packaging, labeling and transfer of completed product.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures or patterns, including comparing a presented object with a remembered object. Documented adaptability, versatility, and capability preferred.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to continuously lift 50+ lbs. Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and outdoors while loading and unloading deliveries.
- Certifications / License preferred to drive and/or operate forklift, power lift, and clamp-lift trucks.
- Understand and be proficient using the USA dating system preferred.
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred.
Additional Company Information:
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.