PalletizerApply Job ID 25199 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Franklin, Wisconsin
Descriptions & Qualifications – External
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, you have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. We value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
At Quad wages for Palletizer Operator are between $17.50 - $24.25/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s premier packaging plants and world headquarters is located in Franklin, WI. The Franklin plant is just over 270,000 square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED, and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad, located in Franklin, WI is seeking a Palletizer Operator for Second Shift; Mon. - Thurs. 3:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- Read production and delivery schedules and stacking patterns; determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallets, and destination of a loaded pallet.
- Observe packages moving along the conveyor to identify packages and detect defective packaging, and ensure detected defective packaging is accumulated in the reject line.
- Set and use label maker as needed to correct defective package labels.
- Use selector switches, etc. to control routing arrangement
- Physically transfer containers onto pallets following pallet pattern configuration from drawing and/or order instructions.
Load pallet onto palletize conveyor, and unload when palletizing is completed.
- Visually inspect labels to ensure legible and correct for traceability.
- Operates controls for automatic palletizing equipment to sort and move packages of finished products. Stop equipment to clear jams if needed.
- Inform the supervisor of equipment malfunctions or any situation that may jeopardize quality or schedule.
- The Palletizer Operator will also be required to drive a forklift and clamp truck as needed.
- Responsible for the performance and documentation of prescribed preventative maintenance and general repairs on equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for communicating pertinent information with preceding and following shifts.
- Willingly cross-trains in other areas as needed.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Forklift, clamp lift, power lift, hand jacks, automatic palletizing equipment, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers, roller-conveyor table, elevator sorting/staging platform; and bailer equipment
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training.
- Be able to perform work-related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and percents
- Read, speak, and understand the English language sufficiently to interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work-related documents. Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Must be familiar with machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting experience
- Computer proficiency sufficient to access, navigate, receive, move, edit, create, copy, print, save and/or send work communications and/or documents.
- Must be able to perform and coordinate the multiple simultaneous tasks of monitoring, inspecting, packaging, labeling, and transfer of completed products.
- Must be able to compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns quickly and accurately, including comparing a presented object with a remembered object. Documented adaptability, versatility, and capability preferred.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to continuously lift 50+ lbs. Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment and outdoors while loading and unloading deliveries.
- MUST be on time and adhere to the company guidelines.
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts Mon. - Thurs.
- Certifications / License preferred to drive and/or operate a forklift, power lift, and clamp-lift trucks.
- Understand and be proficient in using the USA dating system preferred.
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.