Plant Press SupportApply Job ID 17975 Date posted Oct. 01, 2020 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Plant Press Support, Franklin, WI
Quad is seeking a Plant Press Support employee to work at our Franklin, WI location. Responsibilities include the handling of all press chemistry, consumable testing and review, press blanket programs, and press waste stream compliance. The Plant Press Support employee will work closely with press crews and leadership to assure efficient operations with the correct materials in a cost-effective manner. The employee will help on the shop floor when press crew personnel need additional help or specific knowledge of available resources.
- Manage press consumables including consumable testing and review
- Movement of product within pressroom including operation of forklift, press chemistry inventory, monitoring and stocking
- Press roller inventory, maintenance, vendor communication, including press nip rollers
- Press Blanket Program
- Ink handling including PMS inks
- Environmental compliance paperwork, complete press audits for internal quality measures
- Press waste stream compliance including hazardous waste handling, waste of energy program
- Work with vendors on material quality and performance of consumables by providing positive or negative feedback
- Organization and upkeep of mechanical condition of press rollers and blankets along with maintaining inventory levels
- Check schedule up to a week out for Ink and Coating needs for Sheetfed and Flexo Departments
- Stage ink for upcoming jobs for Sheetfed Department
- Keep track of Ink and Coating inventory, order as needed
- Keep track of Press supplies and chemicals, order as needed
- Work with the Customer Account Managers for new Ink Drawdowns needed per customer request
- Work in partnership with CRT for all ink/coating/drawdown needs
- Be available for Customer Press Approvals
- Monthly inventory of Ink and Chemicals
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- General press knowledge, 2nd Press Operator skill or greater
- Organizational skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculation
- Strong verbal and written comprehension skills, including communication proficiency in English
- Ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift 50+ pounds occasionally, stand long hours and use hands and wrists continuously
- Ability to work in a production environment with most time spent on the press floor including lifting material
- Forklift driver certification
- Hazardous waste handling
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.