Press AssistantApply Job ID 25408 Date posted Mar. 10, 2023 Location Franklin, Wisconsin
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, you have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. We value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s premier packaging plants and world headquarters is located in Franklin, WI. The Franklin plant is just over 270,000 square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting edge equipment and technology.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking a Press Assistant at our Franklin, WI location. The ideal candidate will assist the First and Second Pressmen. The Press Assistant will perform cleaning and set up, load and stage paper and manage output along with area maintenance.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare for Operation - Check order documentation to prepare for make ready operations. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Operate Sheeting Machine - Operate assigned equipment in accordance with Company policies and standard operating procedures. Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as needed to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Perform Maintenance - Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift.
- Perform Quality Checks - Complete quality checklist(s) and other paperwork according to established standard operating procedures and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Line Clearance - Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order.
- Strong knowledge of equipment platform
- Solid Continuous Improvement background
- Expertise in all technologies of Production equipment
- Expert mechanical aptitude with experience in trouble shooting and maintenance of production equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated to lead, model and direct leaders and crew member efforts to maintain schedule and deadlines.
- Must be able to read and follow directions and able to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Must be prompt and reliable and able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to organize and manage people effectively.
- Ability to work 4 10-hour shifts, Mon.-Thurs. 3pm-1am
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in material handling and inventory control.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.