Print Customer Account ManagerApply Job ID 26255 Date posted Nov. 09, 2023 Location Franklin, Wisconsin
Quad Packaging, a business unit of Quad, is seeking a folding carton Account Manager. As a market leader in books, magazines, catalogs and newspaper inserts, Quad has expanded its operations to include commercial printing and packaging. With equipment that includes large format offset printing, foil stamping, embossing, coating and folding carton converting, combined with interactive print solutions and extensive media offerings we can provide unique value to our folding carton customers.
The Account Representative plays an instrumental role as the liaison between the customer, sales reps, and all production areas. The Account Representative will handle projects from receipt of order through final shipment, and will assist in troubleshooting and monitoring job progress through final invoice.
The location for this position is onsite in office at our Franklin, WI facility.
The Account Representative is responsible for understanding the customer’s expectations, and for advocating for the successful completion of the job within the plant. The Account Representative responsibilities are extremely detailed oriented; the Account Representative enters job specifications in the ERP, and communicates with various operational areas verbally and through the job ticket.
Account Representatives are key representatives in Quad’s endeavor to deliver “Best in Class” service. Meeting customers’ needs through quality production and on time delivery, Making it easy to do business with Quad through providing responsive internal and external communication, and Making it enjoyable to do business with us through a positive, “Can Do” approach creates lasting relationships where customers will continue to view Quad as their lead Specialty Print Partner.
- Assist in building strong relationships with customers by working through internal systems and processes to meet their requirements.
- Advocates for Customer (internal or external) through the plant.
- Collaborate with a network of support resources to satisfy customer expectations.
- Understand and leverage basic company offerings and recommends solutions to achieve customer’s objectives.
- Responsible for seamless and transparent execution from order acceptance through final product delivery (ship/mail).
- Review order and verify client materials (art/data) and specifications with customer and internal processing departments.
- Review the estimate to determine appropriate production plan. If no estimate is available work with pre-press and manufacturing department leads to determine the best way to produce the order.
- Work with plant scheduler to provide customer a schedule that is agreeable and workable for the plant. Monitor schedule to ensure timely receipt of client materials and approvals to enable adherence to schedule and delivery commitments.
- Timely updates to ensure customer changes are communicated, captured and billed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of customer profiles to document knowledge of customer expectations and critical components of customer requirements.
- Able to marshal the appropriate resources to ensure their client’s work is executed and can clearly identify when to seek assistance from internal experts when customer specification changes occur.
- Confirm that the estimate and/or pricing meets the specifications of the actual production order. If it does not, resubmit the pricing and advise the sales team as needed.
- Participate in customer onboarding meetings /process
- Participate in internal pre-production meetings to discuss orders and their specifications
- Accurate and complete job specs entered into the ERP system.
- Highlight all critical components, customer concerns and expectations.
- Communicate any issues with art/data files to the customer along with proposed solutions/options.
- 2+ years experience as an Account Representative in print/production
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence and customer advocacy
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete multiple tasks and responsibilities by managing priorities and maintaining schedule commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and internal or external clients and prepare professional correspondence (emails, letters, and reports)
- Self-starter and decision maker, who can effectively execute work to achieve objectives.
- Proficient personal computer skills including ERP systems
- Demonstrated commitment to team-work; a collaborative approach w/co-workers
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.