Quality LeaderApply Job ID 23240 Date posted Sep. 13, 2022 Location Franklin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Franklin, WI plant is seeking a Quality Leader. This position is responsible for the leadership and coordination of quality systems for finished goods produced in the packaging manufacturing facility. This position leads ongoing activities required to support existing products and ensure the facility maintains compliance with ISO and SQF codes.
- Lead the quality program within the facility to assure finished product quality.
- Understand, follow and reinforce quality guidelines and processes.
- Assure compliance with ISO and SQF codes. (Training and certification are available.)
- Develop corrective actions in collaboration with the Quality Manager and area leaders.
- Communicate clearly to both internal and external customers.
- Respond to customer complaints with a sense of urgency and confidence.
- Collaborate with plant leadership and production employees on quality investigations, responses, and solutions.
- Ensure and assist with the enforcement of quality expectations across departments in production.
- Strategize and collaborate with team members to resolve quality issues, working toward continuous improvement.
- Understand and use data to support communication and drive results.
- Meet deadlines and work toward achieving and exceeding target plant metrics.
- Maintain records and compliance documentation in an organized manner.
- Serve as the contact point for the customer and 3rd party audits ensuring continued conformance and certification.
- Supervise/Schedule activities of the internal audit teams.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements for food packaging.
- All Packaging employees must: Follow and comply with all food safety and quality policies. Report any food safety issues or concerns to the Site Leadership Team.
- May include some travel
Education: HS Diploma
Experience: Paperboard Packaging experience or experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: SQF certification is preferred, but not essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General understanding of print and packaging production.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to take the initiative to solve problems and create solutions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.