Client Services DirectorApply Job ID 21195 Date posted Dec. 14, 2021 Location Freeport, Maine Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Client Services Director serves as the key client contact and is responsible for directing a diverse creative and production team to meet client expectations. The Client Services Director will be responsible for providing on-site leadership to build, mentor and grow highly functional service teams, motivated to collaborate with client partners to achieve marketing and creative objectives.
In addition to internal oversight, the person in this role will ensure execution that meets client brand standards and alignment with the client’s organizational goals. The person in this role must have excellent communication skills and value the power of creative partnership and collaboration. They also must have a strategic understanding of the creative role in marketing, combining business and aesthetic goals in developing new and effective approaches to complex design problems, turning ideas into tangible form. Should demonstrate strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The perfect candidate is a strategic thinker, and capable doer. Must be self-motivated, and adept at managing their own workload and maintaining awareness of the workloads of the greater team. Must be able to advance multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within the designated timelines, while maintaining high standards for execution, accuracy, and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have risen through the ranks of a creative department or studio environment and display a deep understanding of marketing principles and content production best practices. They will have proven experience managing a diverse team and experience effectively managing account budgets and financials.
- Collaborate effectively with client partners to understand marketing and creative goals and objectives
- Lead the onsite service teams to meet client objectives and ensure ongoing excellence of creative output
- Drive creative strategies and testing opportunities for photography/video/styling
- Build a team culture that contributes to employee engagement, unity and high morale
- Nurture, grow and retain talent through effective mentorship, training and career development planning
- Act as a thought-leader and effectively present creative ideas and problem-solving solutions
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels of the client’s organization
- Work with VP of Client Services to build and manage annual strategic account plan
- Lead the development of integrated solutions that are mutually beneficial for the client and Quad
- Assist in the development and execution of the client/agency contract and scope of work
- Manage account staffing, budgets, time reports, and other operational procedures with an eye on overall account profitability. Additionally, ensure all account records and activity are completed within guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Keep management informed regularly of events/issues that could impact client relationship
- Ensure staff adheres to established processes and procedures to insure timely and accurate delivery of Client’s services
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field required. (MBA a plus)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in account management; at least 8 years of management experience required. At least 6 years of management experience required.
- Successful track record of leading teams to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and employees to support goals and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically in order to align Quad's services with customer needs.
- Complete understanding of marketing strategy, creative, photography/videography, print production, media and digital.
- Experience developing and managing to budgets.
- Solid business acumen and knowledge to assess new business opportunities and when to change current account strategies.
- Knowledge of client service and management best practices and proven ability to communicate.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing to clients, associates and management.
- Ability to relate to and develop relationships with Client’s management.
- Ability to understand and manage the execution of tasks to achieve Client’s marketing goals.
- Ability to lead Client Service teams to deliver first class service to the Clients.
- Ability to achieve a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the Client Service team,
- Ability to analyze and judge prospective projects, jobs and services for presentation to the Client.
- Ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to discipline reporting employees when appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from superiors.
- Ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and employees.
- Ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example.
- Ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships quickly.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other Quad departments to improve quality and performance.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Travel as required.
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.