Photography StylistApply Job ID 21196 Date posted Dec. 17, 2021 Location Freeport, Maine Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We’re looking for a photo stylist who is experienced in a fast-paced production studio environment working with a variety of merchandise with an emphasis on laydowns of men’s and women's apparel and soft goods.
In this role you’ll be responsible for styling web production, print and advertising laydowns. The Stylist will organize, prepare and style a wide range of merchandise to be photographed for L.L.Bean’s print and web marketing materials. This individual will internalize and uphold L.L.Bean styleguide standards and quality (and formulate new standards where there aren’t yet ones) while managing daily production for maximum efficiency. This position currently reports to the Senior Studio Art Director.
What you’ll do:
- High volume styling of a variety of product (apparel, home goods, gear, luggage, etc) on table top, on board, and on mannequin
- Successfully execute to L.L.Bean’s styling guidelines
- Collaborate with on-set photographer to meet all shot requests and/or requirements.
- Work with photographer to organize production photography workload for the day, to meet daily expectations, deadlines and maximize efficiency
- Work with merch coordinator and associate producer shepherd and care for samples throughout the photo process maintaining sku tags, apparel tags, and noting any damage
- Research new ideas and trends and propose innovative ideas to drive the business.
- Source, purchase and occasionally return props needed for advertising photography, while working within a budget
- Work in a fast-paced team environment to problem solve and meet deadlines.
- High energy, positive attitude with the ability to develop and communicate ideas.
- Maintain an organized and orderly kit, work area, styling closet and photo studio.
- Prep and steam merchandise for photoshoots as needed
- Research styling trends and direction to present to Art Directors
- Test and present new ideas to increase efficiency and look and feel
- Work in a small tight knit group that values collaboration
What you’ll have:
- Experience: 3+ years of professional industry experience styling in high-end, high-volume catalog, advertising, corporate or commercial photography studio environment. Portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities is required. Retail, design or fashion merchandising experience.
- Experience with Home sets, on-form, hanging, on-figure and on-location a plus
- Experience with stop-motion and video a plus
- Keen aesthetic with an eye for composition extremely important, create desired look with creative critical eye
- Ability to work as team member in a creative, group setting
- Be self-driven when needed under tight deadlines, while maintaining confident, positive attitude
- Ability to follow layouts, written instructions or oral directions and implement client’s brand objectives
- Ability to clearly communicate and document your ideas / workflow
- The ability to take direction from art director and studio management and learn quickly
- Professionalism and ability to work well with others
- Ability to receive feedback and quickly make changes
- Enjoys team brainstorming, a fluid work environment, and willingness to take on any task
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
- Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Is flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish deadlines and production efficiency
- Knowledge of CaptureOne, Adobe Creative Suite and MAC
- Strong, relevant portfolio
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.