Family Medicine PhysicianApply Job ID 14182 Date posted Jun. 20, 2019 Location Gautier, Mississippi Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness ,medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and familiesWorks in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home , Consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engages in quality improvement, leadership and compliance
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed.
- If less than 3 years’ experience, proactively engages in mentoring, and coaching, from another provider within QuadMed.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries frompatients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text. While complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience,; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned
- Experience working with pediatric patients may be preferred depending on the HWC demographic
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred depending on HWC demographics
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration
- CPR with BLS Certification
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.