LPNApply Job ID 23310 Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Location Gautier, Mississippi Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is seeking an LPN to join our team at the Health and Wellness Center in Gautier, MS serving serving Huntington Ingalls Industries employees and their families. The LPN will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. The successful candidate will focus on prevention and wellness, perform all nursing functions, phone triage, coordinate care with external providers, and patient education as directed by the providers on site.
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm with one Saturday a month, 8:00am to 12:00pm.
- Continuously provides quality care to all patients. Treats all patients with dignity and respect. Understands, follows, and maintains all Patient Rights.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care; i.e.-patient interviews and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information. Follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Assists in the modification of patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses, conditions, and as ordered by the provider.
- Consults and coordinates with internal and external partners to plan patients’ health activities, treatment, and referrals.
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider’s order.
- Prepares patients for and assists with examinations and treatments.
- Performs diagnostic testing to assist the provider in identifying and assessing patients’ conditions.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment. Ensures rooms are stocked with supplies.
- Performs administrative functions, front office functions and schedules appointments as requested.
- Refers patients to specialists within their elected health plan or community agencies.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an approved nursing program with an associate degree or equivalent
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- PALS a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently
- Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and polices
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.