Medical Laboratory AssistantApply Job ID 19371 Date posted Apr. 29, 2021 Location Gautier, Mississippi Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Pascagoula, MS. The Clinical Laboratory Assistant will perform phlebotomy and ancillary duties in support of the clinical/technical laboratory function and perform simple, routine laboratory procedures as instructed, trained and directed. The individual performs venous and capillary punctures. The individual accurately identifies, prepares and tests samples in a timely manner.
- Performs, in a timely manner, blood collection using established laboratory guidelines designed to acquire acceptable specimens used in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to meet the needs of patients, as requested by the physician
- Follows standard operating procedures to perform basic diagnostic procedures to produce accurate results
- Operates basic laboratory equipment under the direction of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, consistent with standard operating procedures
- Restocks, as required, the work area of needed supplies
- Must demonstrate, after receiving instruction and training, knowledge of the patient care requirements for all age groups as required by the laboratory standard operating procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows all HIPAA guidelines
- Utilizes time, material, and resources in an economical manner, prioritizing and arranging workload to provide for optimal patient care and efficiency
- Completes assigned workload within established time frames by adjusting organization of workload
- Maintains effective communication with the laboratory supervisor, other laboratory staff, patients, and other departments as necessary to assure identification of problems and provide problem resolution in support of QuadMed’s mission of patient care
- Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, identifying self and department
- Participates in departmental activities
- Keeps current with communications incorporating new information in a timely manner to use
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate volume of supplies utilizing lean methodologies
- Contacts nursing staff promptly for clarification of unclear or incomplete test requisitions/orders; requests new requisitions/orders in accordance with established laboratory policies
- Communicates all appropriate information to patients necessary for their understanding of the procedure before, during and after designated procedure in a courteous and professional manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training in a lab environment with at least one-year experience in a clinical setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Personable, friendly, team orientated
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.