Registered Nurse - PRN/ As-neededApply Job ID 25098 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Gautier, Mississippi
QuadMed is seeking an energetic PRN Registered Nurse to help support the Gautier, MS clinic and our Biometric Screener progam. Work with a dynamic group of medical professionals in a practice like setting.
This is an as-needed/ PRN position. Monday - Friday, day shift hours available, based on candidate availability.
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care. Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is preferred
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Previous experience with finger stick capillary collection technique preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- PALS a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor.
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.