Registered NurseApply Job ID 20030 Date posted Jul.. 02, 2021 Location Gautier, Mississippi Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care. Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is strongly preferred
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- PALS a plus
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.