Media AnalystApply Job ID 16409 Date posted Jan. 10, 2020 Location Greenville, South Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Media Analyst to be responsible for creating targeted and effective omni-channel media plans by interpreting sales and marketing data. The Media Analyst will obtain, verify and interpret media data (newspaper, direct mail, digital, broadcast and mobile), sales and marketing data to create an optimal media analysis to meet the client’s needs.
Analytics, as well as Marketing, are evolving at a rapid pace; therefore, the media analyst will also have the opportunity to broaden their technical, analytical, and marketing skills through hands on training. This will include, but is not limited to, analytical tools such as Python and R, marketing technologies such as DMP’s, Digital Onboarders, Data Aggregators, Tag Management, etc., and the fundamentals of analytics - statistics, regression modeling, optimization, and machine learning.
Quad is an integrated marketing firm for forward-thinking retailers. We deliver powerful brand experiences that drive consumers in-store, turn shoppers into buyers and create loyal brand advocates. In addition, our global network of people, technologies and services allow us to execute with speed and efficiency at scale. More than ever, marketers require new, innovative ways to connect with consumers. Our results are driven by the combination of shoppers insights with our knowledge of, and passion for, emerging technology and consumer behavior to deliver strategic, continuously engaging 1:1 campaigns.
- Communicate with newspaper/vendors to obtain and verify circulation data.
- Format and upload data into proprietary database
- Organize/format/aggregate data supplied by the customer (includes customer store, sales and media channel specific data) in preparation of analysis.
- Use autonomy in selection of trade areas to reach current and prospective customers by interpreting the following data: client’s sales/transactional data, demographic, lifestyle, competitor, traffic pattern/geographical data.
- Use expertise and judgment in creating optimal media plans for client’s approval based on media distribution data such as rates, competitors, product type, distribution method, day of week availability, etc.
- Timely response to client requests and inquiries.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize work flow without sacrificing quality of work.
- Communicate with Director/Manager/Supervisor regarding work flow, priorities, challenges, successes or any other information necessary to ensure best practices are followed.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors and internal team members.
- Complete special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, marketing, advertising, or business) or a combination of an Associate’s degree and related work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience in media buying/analysis preferred.
- Understanding of print advertising including zoning methodology, circulation rules and rate information, etc.
- Familiarity with Digital and Broadcast advertising
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret sales and marketing data to create media plans.
- Familiarity with industry data sources such as Claritas, MRI and Scarborough strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel or Access applications a plus.
- Knowledge of R and Python a plus
- Experience with GIS mapping software preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all clients, vendors and all levels of the internal organization.
- Ability to work well within a team oriented environment.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.