Media AnalystApply Job ID 16734 Date posted Feb. 06, 2020 Location Greenville, South Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Media Data Analyst to be responsible for creating targeted and effective omni-channel media plans by interpreting sales and marketing data. The Media Analyst will obtain, verify and interpret client media, sales and marketing data to create analyses to meet the client’s needs.
Analytics, as well as Marketing, are evolving at a rapid pace; therefore, the media data analyst will also have the opportunity to broaden their technical, analytical, and marketing skills through hands on training. This will include, but is not limited to, analytical tools such as Python and R, marketing technologies such as DMP’s, Digital Onboarders, Data Aggregators, Tag Management, etc., and the fundamentals of analytics - statistics, regression modeling, optimization, and machine learning.
Quad is an integrated marketing solutions partner for forward-thinking advertisers. We deliver powerful brand experiences that drive consumers in-store, turn shoppers into buyers and create loyal brand advocates. In addition, our global network of people, technologies and services allow us to execute with speed and efficiency at scale. More than ever, marketers require new, innovative ways to connect with consumers. Our results are driven by the combination of shopper's insights with our knowledge of, and passion for, emerging technology and consumer behavior to deliver strategic, continuously engaging campaigns.
- Organize/format/aggregate data in preparation of analysis and client reporting.
- Learn how client marketing and media efforts affect customer behavior and relay information internally and to clients.
- Work with manager and team to create optimal marketing plan for client’s approval based on channel, geography, timing, product mix, competition, vertical and other relevant considerations.
- Work with manager to determine meaningful insights by applying the appropriate marketing metrics and creating reports and management dashboards to improve a clients’ marketing strategy.
- Be a champion for your personal academic discipline and approaches to problem solving
- Use appropriate client and internal data sources and manipulate data to carry out in-depth quantitative analyses of customer, market and transaction level data sets.
- Research market conditions and provide context to develop proposed client activities and present to internal management.
- Communicate with Director/Manager/Supervisor regarding workflow, priorities, challenges, successes or any other information necessary to ensure best practices are followed.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors and internal team members.
- Communicate with vendors as needed to obtain or clarify data requests
- BA/BS degree or higher (economics, statistics, finance, science, math)
- Strong analytical skills and an interest in business
- Passion to learn how to apply academic statistical methodology to practical business cases
- Ability to interpret sales, marketing, media, and demographic data.
- Desire to learn about:
- Media buying and analysis
- Digital and Broadcast advertising
- Industry data sources such as Claritas, MRI and Scarborough
- Customer behavioral patterns and influencers
- Focused education on familiarity with regression/predictive modeling and other advanced quantitative techniques (clustering, time series) a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to explain technical processes to non-technical business users: both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Awareness and desire to learn statistical relevant software and coding languages such as SQL, SAS, R, Python, Alteryx
- Awareness and desire to learn BI toolsets such as Tableau, PowerBI, ArcGIS, Expert Level Excel
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.