Media PlannerApply Job ID 18075 Date posted Oct. 15, 2020 Location Greenville, South Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Media Planner is responsible for placing, confirming and monitoring client media orders to ensure the clients’ advertising program is executed flawlessly. The successful Media Planner provides a high level of service to assigned accounts by acting as the liaison between the vendors and the client, and by providing timely and accurate information to the client on daily account matters.
- Participate in providing recommendations / POVs on media products and opportunities that come up in the normal course of business; use expertise and relevance to client in creating optimal media plans for client’s approval based on media distribution data such as rates, market feedback / competitors, product type, distribution method, day of week availability, etc.
- Update and maintain media planning proprietary database and client specific media plans
- Generate, confirm and track monthly insertion orders
- Verify vendor rates, quantities, space and materials reservations
- Generate and update quantities for printer run list and supply to client and/or vendor
- Provide mechanical specifications for on- and offline ads and ensure media channel receives copy by deadline
- Communicate delivery deadlines with print vendors and communicate client expectations to vendors
- Resolve media insertion mistakes / issues, and initiate / coordinate the process for negotiating relevant make-goods as necessary
- Liaison between the vendors and the printers to resolve delivery issues
- Solve billing discrepancies, as requested, and maintain billing adjustments
- Provide regular reporting to the client as it relates to media buying inclusive of budgeting / forecasting, cost scenarios, and executed program details inclusive of quantity and cost
- Communicate with media account manager regarding work flow, priorities, challenges, successes or any other information necessary to ensure best practices are followed
- Ensure best practices are being followed on behalf of assigned client(s)
- Maintain timely response to client requests and inquiries, and organizational skills to prioritize work flow without sacrificing quality of work
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors and internal team members
- Complete special projects or tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (communications, marketing, advertising or business) preferred
- Minimum of 1 year relevent work experience in media planning / account management, preferably print
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated ability to handle client concerns and resolve appropriately
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all clients, vendors and all levels of the internal organization
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team oriented environment
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.