Packaging Client Account ManagerApply Job ID 21045 Date posted Nov. 17, 2021 Location Greenville, South Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Client Account Manager, Packaging is responsible for day-to-day account and project management for packaging pre-media clients at the Packaging Centers of Excellence. The primary role of this position is to manage, build and maintain a strong relationship with the Client while coordinating and managing the packaging executional areas of production, pre-media and print processes through client-driven, high-quality project management. This role will work directly with cross-functional clients and internal teams to ensure that stakeholders are aligned and that projects are delivered with extreme accuracy, according to client project goals, using best-in-class tools and processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the client’s key Creative, Brand, Marketing and Merchandising leaders
- Coordinate all aspects of projects from estimation through delivery
- Collaborate with the Client to develop customized strategies and solutions that will grow the client’s business and expand the relationship
- Participate in client strategy, planning, concept and production meetings as required
- Collaborate with client team members to acquire all project information required to perform work
- Ensure that creative, production and marketing solutions consistently achieve established client goals and expectations
- Establish a strong understanding of our client’s products and their positioning in the marketplace as well as their business and industry as a whole
- Develop clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects, as well as action plans for implementing strategies to measure the effectiveness of agency’s work
- Provide direction to the creative and production teams regarding client’s business directives
- Serve as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for clients, suppliers, and external partners.
- Provide timely responses to all inquiries (e.g. within one (1) business day)
- Attends client meetings as needed; familiar with processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
- Ensures high quality standards in all client deliverables
- Effectively coordinates client-specific projects throughout the lifecycle, including estimate creation, selection of appropriate projects and sub-projects, assignment of resources, monitoring project progress, and generation of the client/project invoice
- Translates client requests and requirements into detailed, and sometimes technical, instructions for project teams
- Partners with the client and project teams to resolve identified project issues
- Maintain written records of all directions, work orders, recommendations, meetings, etc., which result in client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Ensures accurate and timely invoices are generated by maintaining correct project details and supporting evidence, including change orders and rework, throughout the project lifecycle
- Initiates new data item requests utilizing the Master Data Management (MDM) process and guidelines to ensure accurate client, project, and financial details are available in the system
- Partner with Client Integration and Client Growth to ensure a smooth transition for new clients; attend pre-integration and planning meetings as needed
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, or marketing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, business development and/or marketing consulting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an agency setting, preferably in packaging design
- Must have previous project management experience with a high degree of skill in operations competencies including: planning the scope, scheduling assignments of the project, informing employees of their roles and responsibilities, clarifying the scope with the customer, and measuring success
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of the entire packaging design, production and print processes and best practices
- Proven project management skills and project management software
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to effectively communicate and articulate through verbal and written communication to all levels of an organization, internal and client
- Skilled in interpersonal skills, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving; possess analytical and quantitative skill set; an ability to balance strategic and analytical thinking
- Proactive and disciplined time management approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse creative team members
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships and overcome obstacles with diverse team members: colleagues across the organization and clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze challenges and make good judgments given multiple considerationsAbility to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Comfortable in presenting to/meeting with client executives, internal and client-side
- Basic understanding of business accounting
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, especially Outlook, Excel, Word
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.