Entry Level Press Rolltender/Feeder $16 per hourApply Job ID 12645 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019 Location Hartford, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad in Hartford, WI is seeking candidates with mechanical experience to become Press Rolltender. A Rolltender's primary responsibility is to consistently load rolls of paper onto a printing press. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding standard operating procedures of the department
- Coordinate plates and tickets for upcoming jobs and hang paper according to job tickets
- Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away any damage
- Set up and make splices, bend and hang plates as well as hang blankets and assist with webbing up press
- Ensure correct ink is available for job and check ink fountains regularly
- Set fold during make-readies and check trim sheets to proof and complete necessary roll reports and paperwork accurately
- Communicate effectively with plate room and paper warehouse and coordinate changing of ink, etch, and silicone totes as needed
- Wash up the press and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Candidates with previous jogger/entry level experience a plus
- Strong mechanical abilities and previous knowledge of presses and roll stands are a plus
- Ability to perform basic math calculations are essential.
- Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 10-20 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.