Finishing Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 19145 Date posted Mar. 31, 2021 Location Hartford, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad in Hartford, WI, is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, responsible for performing skilled mechanical maintenance work including repair, inspection, modification and improvement on industrial printing equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime.
You will work a compressed work schedule geared toward balancing work and family life:
3 and 4 day work week
12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Safely performing mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and repairs on finishing machines and auxiliary equipment while maintaining accurate preventive maintenance (PM) records
- Troubleshooting, analyzing and repairing of precision machinery and auxiliary equipment, reading manuals and looking up parts
- Performing all work efficiently with an understanding of the urgency of production downtimes
- Emphasizing proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Maintaining and repairing components on systems such as bearings, shafts, couplings, gear, clutches, drives, gearboxes, sprockets, chains and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
- Must provide, at minimum, a basic set of mechanical hand tools and be able to safely operate and maintain power tools
- Basic math, computer and good communication skills are mandatory
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in maintenance
- 2-3 years of related experience on bindery equipment including stitchers, binders and sitmas, folders and inserters.
- Completion of a maintenance program at a vocational/technical school or a recognized apprenticeship program in general mechanical maintenance is a plus
- Previous mechanical experience in the printing industry or industrial maintenance setting is preferred
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.