Full-Time Press Rolltender OperatorApply Job ID 25495 Date posted Apr. 04, 2023 Location Hartford, Wisconsin
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12-hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Overtime is paid after 40 hours per week.
At Quad, the wage range for Press Rolltender Operators is between $19.00 - $21.50 / hr. depending on experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $27 / hour.As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is ranked as one of the safest and fastest-growing WI cities and one of the safest communities for raising kids. At over 1.6 million square feet in size, the Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, and fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball, and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits, including a compressed work schedule where you work half of the year!
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking candidates with mechanical experience to become Press Rolltender Operators. A Rolltender's primary responsibility is to consistently load rolls of paper onto a printing press. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding the standard operating procedures of the department.
- Coordinate plates and tickets for upcoming jobs and hang paper according to job tickets.
- Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away any damage.
- Set up and make splices, bend and hang plates as well as hang blankets and assist with webbing up press.
- Ensure correct ink is available for the job and check ink fountains regularly.
- Set fold during make-readies and check trim sheets to proof and complete necessary roll reports and paperwork accurately.
- Communicate effectively with plate room and paper warehouse and coordinate changing of ink, etch, and silicone totes as needed.
- Wash up the press and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Candidates with 1-3 years of previous print roll tender experience on web offset press equipment or other platforms preferred.
- Strong mechanical abilities and previous knowledge of presses and roll stands are a plus.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.
- Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 10-20 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand for long hours, use hands and wrists continuously and use vision to identify defects, perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The ability to work a 12-hour schedule either (7 a.m.-7 p.m. or 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays, working 3-4 shifts per week.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.