Night Shift Perfect Binder Platform LeaderApply Job ID 26238 Date posted Nov. 06, 2023 Location Hartford, Wisconsin
Quad is seeking a Night Shift Perfect Binder Platform Leader for the Hartford, WI plant. The leader will be responsible for overseeing the productivity within a shift, working with the operators to ensure production goals are met, building bench strength by fostering and mentoring employee relationships to build a strong, cohesive team, maintaining or improving quality, and ensuring their safety.
- Coordinate production startups, ensuring all materials necessary to begin production are available.
- Train and coach production line employees.
- Improve productivity, assisting operators with the troubleshooting of any problems that arise.
- Audit Book checks and quality devices.
- Meet with the Production Support team to coordinate maintenance needs on the machines on their shift.
- Manage/Support production line operation by plant policies and procedures.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors, Department Managers, and other leaders in other departments.
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and machinery.
- Manual dexterity is required for operating machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift to 70 pounds required.
- General knowledge of computers consisting of knowing Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to learn and comprehend computer programs associated with the running of the department and shift.
Experience: Perfect Binder experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Operational and mechanical knowledge of the equipment.
- People skills.
- Computer Skills including Microsoft Office.
- Manage labor.
- Lean background.
- Manage operations in a high pace atmosphere.
- Ability to change and make changes.
- Root cause analysis.
Additional Shift Information:
- 12-hour night shift ( 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including weekends, and holidays, working 3 - 4 days a week
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.