Part-Time General LaborerApply Job ID 25133 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Hartford, Wisconsin
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. The starting wage ranges between $16 - $17 / hour. Add an extra $.75 when working nights. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is ranked as one of the safest and fastest-growing WI cities and one of the safest communities for raising kids. At over 1.6 million square feet in size, the Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, and fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball, and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Hartford is seeking Part-Time General Laborer employees to join us in the Press and Finishing Departments. A minimum of one (1) -12-hour shift worked per week is required (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.). The hours you schedule are not guaranteed based on the production floor workload. Those that have night and weekend availability are highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Remove the product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed products by stacking them onto pallets, transferring them to tables & placing them into a collator hopper or mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift, or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Printing, factory or other mechanical work experience is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens.
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement.
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed.
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (from 5-30 lbs.) of a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to a tabletop work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, detail-orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.