Quad Community Trainee ProgramApply Job ID 22649 Date posted Jun. 08, 2022 Location Hartford, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
$2000 New Hire Bonus Offered for FT Manufacturing Roles
Quad is currently recruiting entry-level General Laborers within the city of Milwaukee to fill open positions within various plants. Quad is committed to hiring hard working individuals and providing support to remove barriers to employment. Partnership with local community agency provides job readiness training along with employment support to ensure the success of our employees. Paid training is $17.50 / hour during the conditional employment training with local community agency with the focus on barriers, work readiness and workplace essentials. Upon successful completion of the job readiness training, Quad training is Monday-Friday from 9am-4pm, participating in our 0-60 training program. Upon successful completion of both training programs, Quad Trainees will be scheduled to a permanent shift with Quad. Transportation is provided to and from Quad during training and up to a year of employment. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance –You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, the General Laborer entry-level wages for full-time start between $17.50 - $19.50 / hour. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our Accelerated Training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn up to $23.00 in your first 2 years. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage up to $33 / hour. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
Our employees and their families have access to onsite medical clinics, fitness centers, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Printing, factory, or other mechanical work experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12 hour shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays, working 3 - 4 days a week
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.