Skilled Offline Bindery/Finishing OperatorsApply Job ID 25107 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Hartford, Wisconsin
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12-hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nights or from nights to days.
At Quad, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $27 / hour. Relocation assistance available of up to $25,000 to candidates with prior print experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization. Quad prides itself on having a grow-from-within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is ranked as one of the safest and fastest-growing WI cities and one of the safest communities for raising kids. At over 1.6 million square feet in size, the Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, and fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball, and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Hartford is seeking Skilled Operators in our offline areas within our Bindery/Finishing Department, including but not limited to Inserters, Offline Mailers, Retail folders, and cutters. These positions are responsible for set up and operation of Finishing equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for the cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities also include:
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product.
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as needed or assigned.
- Make-ready the equipment.
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as possible when their line is down.
- Fill in for other master operators when needed.
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling, cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and clean-up.
- Good mechanical aptitude, ability to read, understand and follow guides.
- Ability to train and direct crew, self-motivated.
- An excellent attendance record, satisfactory job performance in current position, excellent safety record and work habits, positive attitude, and team player (able to work with others).
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following equipment: Offline equipment including Ferage and Alpha Liner inserters, folders, rotary trimmers, quad mailers, and flat cutters.
- 2-3 years of previous Bindery/Finishing Operator experience, including set up and operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed and run products for the highest quality in the safest manner.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have the ability to utilize the computer to ensure the quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision to identify defects.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.