Skilled Press Operators
- Hartford, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad in Hartford is seeking Press Operators in various areas within our Press Department, including but not limited to: Press Assistants, Rolltender, Second (2nd) Press and First (1st) Press machine operators. These positions are responsible for set up and operation of Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
- Planning and organizing jobs by reviewing schedules and job tickets, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records
- Monitoring signature quality by setting and monitoring color, maintaining register, fold, and compensation, and identifying and correcting problems.
- Setting up/operating equipment by setting up press computers, units, folder, and auxiliary equipment and performing preventative maintenance.
- Participating in training and teaching, assisting all positions and working with customers and the business plan.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following Offset Press Equipment: 2x6 and 2x8 Manroland, 2x6 Goss, 4x8 c-700, and M1000 2x4 Goss
- 2-3 years of previous Press Operator experience, including ability to web up press, be able to match the product to the sample from the customer is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
Multiple Shift Options that fit your lifestyle and needs:
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drug Free Workplace