Warehouse Forklift Operator $16-$18/hr. - Non-Rotating Shift!Apply Job ID 19148 Date posted Mar. 31, 2021 Location Hartford, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad in Hartford is seeking full time Warehouse Material Handlers (Forklift Drivers) to grow with us! You will work a 12 hour non-rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week. Overtime always a possibility but not guaranteed.
Candidates hired into this role will be responsible for inventory control on the production floor, ensuring that materials are brought efficiently and accurately to machines to keep production downtime to a minimum. Candidates who have 2 or more years’ experience in warehousing or shipping with 75% or more of time their time spent on a forklift, have the opportunity to be fast tracked directly in a material handler role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided)
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Strong computer skills a must!
- Prior forklift experience where 75% or more of your day is spend on a forklift
- Factory, Manufacturing. Warehousing, Shipping or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Good math skills
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad entry-level wages for full-time start between $16 - $18/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our Accelerated Training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn up to $21.00 in your first 2 years. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage up to $27/hr. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad’s largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is ranked as one of the safest and fastest growing WI cities and one of the safest communities for raising kids. At over 1.6 million square feet in size, the Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and home to cutting edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball and horseshoes which are free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.