Nurse Practitioner PRN Float - IndianaApply Job ID 18837 Date posted Feb. 16, 2021 Location Indiana Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is currently seeking a PRN Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner Float for our QuadMed Clinics located in Indiana (based on individual availability).
This individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. Under the supervision and prescriptive authority of the Physician, the NP will operate independently and is responsible for the delivery of health care and patient care management. The NP is responsible for the delivery of a broad range of medical services, including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering diagnostic tests, administering treatments, monitoring patients, prescribing medications, consulting physicians, and counseling and educating patients.
- Provides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs. Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within evidence based and best practice guidelines
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, consulting and collaborating with the oversight physician as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associates’ benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information
- Master’s Degree level Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited college/university
- Minimum least three years primary care practice experience
- Experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Experience working with pediatric patients preferred
- May require some phlebotomy
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure
- CPR Certification
- NPI & DEA
- Current National Board Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.