Medical Receptionist/ Medical AssistantApply Job ID 19412 Date posted May. 03, 2021 Location Lake Jackson, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
QuadMed is seeking an energetic Medical Receptionist, backup Medical Assistant, to join our client based Health Center in Lake Jackson, TX. The Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant is part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention. The Medical Receptionist provides support with daily activities of a medical office including greeting patients, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, patient registration, and patient referrals. This position answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email for response by medical personnel. Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
*This role is primarily performs Medical Receptionist duties, and may include Medical Assistant duties*
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claims forms
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, transcription, scheduling, insurance claims, accounts receivables, and data entry
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
- Maintains confidentiality of patient PHI and adheres to all HIPAA regulations
- Measures and records vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e.- patient interviews and histories, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Receptionist and/or healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Phlebotomy and lab experience preferred
- Experience working front office
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to be a team player, detail oriented, accurate, and efficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion and uphold HIPAA standards
- Medical Terminology preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.