Plant ControllerApply Job ID 15625 Date posted Oct. 22, 2019 Location Leominster, Massachusetts Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad (NYSE:QUAD), a global marketing services provider that helps brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively, is seeking a highly-motivated professional to fill a Plant Controller opening at our Leominster, Massachusetts Plant. This location is part of our growing QuadPackaging business. QuadPackaging offers a wide range of advanced end-to-end packaging solutions, specializing in high-end paperboard folding cartons.
The Plant Controller will join our Accounting and Plant leadership teams and be responsible for accounting, financial analysis and planning, and internal controls. We will count on this individual to help drive sales growth and margin improvement as a business partner to the business development and manufacturing teams.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Complete financial understanding of the business/operation
• Prepare timely and accurate analysis of financial and operational data, highlighting key financial indicators, trends, and business issues driving performance to targeted goals and initiatives
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process, including preparing the detailed financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Prepare annual Plan and Forecasts, including but not limited to, plant level consolidation and analysis of P&L variances and key performance indicators
• Complete required monthly variance explanation and documentation
• Respond to day-to-day financial inquiries and analysis
• Identify and implement profit improvement plans
• Communicate monthly financial results to the leadership team
• Communicate issues to the leadership team to ensure that they are operating on a consistent basis with the corporate goals and strategies
• Benchmark key metrics with peer operations to identify improvement opportunities and establish goals
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control documentation, testing, compliance and auditing
• Ensure compliance with GAAP and Corporate Accounting Policies
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent working experience in the Accounting field
• Five or more years of related Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing or printing environment is preferred
• Must have the desire and ability to understand the business/operation
• Must be detail orientated and process driven, with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have a solid knowledge of accounting principles, excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable working independently, as well as acting as a change agent within a team
• Must have strong computer and data analysis skills, and possess working knowledge of financial systems and Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and an ability to quickly learn systems supporting the business.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.