General Manufacturing Full TimeApply Job ID 18137 Date posted Oct. 22, 2020 Location Lomira, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career?
If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Quad/Graphics prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Accelerated Career Training programs for our Press and Finishing employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases.
We are currently seeking full time General Manufacturing Employees to grow with us! A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in either our Press or Finishing (Bindery) departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags. Move product/skids with a hand jack or motorized Raymond ( Big Joe) lift
- Maintain accurate inventory of product
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, etc
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Available Flexible Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs:
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week,
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.