Material Handler (Forklift Driver)Apply Job ID 18500 Date posted Jan. 07, 2021 Location Lomira, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Quad, you’ll begin at a competitive wage (entry level starts at $16/hr), with immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
We are currently seeking full time Warehouse Material Handlers (Forklift Drivers) to grow with us! Candidates hired into this role will be responsible for inventory control on the production floor, ensuring that materials are brought efficiently and accurately to machines to keep production downtime to a minimum. Inexperienced candidates hired into this role will first go through 60 days of finishing operator training before being released to the Inventory Control Department. Candidates who have 2 or more years’ experience in warehousing or shipping with 75% or more of time their time spent on a forklift, may be fast tracked directly in a material handler role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided)
- Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
- Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
- Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations
- Effectively communicate with team members
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Prior forklift experience where 75% or more of your day is spend on a forklift
- Factory, Manufacturing. Warehousing, Shipping or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse etc.
- Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Good math skills
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Shift Option to fit your lifestyle and needs:
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week. Overtime always a possibility but not guaranteed.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.