Pharmacy Technician - PRN/On-CallApply Job ID 18077 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Lomira, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is seeking a PRN/as-needed Pharmacy Technician to join our team in Lomira, WI! The Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling, prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the Pharmacist’s supervision at all times. This position should increase patient confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the customer when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the pharmacy system for processing
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock, pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the prescription
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers as they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting, and answering the phone in a courteous manner
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of rejected third party claims
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as instructed by the pharmacist
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality controls
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPAA regulations
- Organize and file records
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with product
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to the pharmacist or manager
- Operate the cashier terminal and the credit card machine when checking our customers; collect proper payment for merchandise
- Repack and consolidate supply overstock (e.g., vials, caps, bottles, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail setting preferred
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) issued by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office applications and electronic mail.
- Experience with electronic medical records and/or pharmacy systems
- Knowledge of pharmacy standards, policies, and procedures, and of third-party insurance
- Exceptional customer service, communication, organization, problem resolution and process development skills
- Bilingual a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.