Plant DirectorApply Job ID 22679 Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Location Lomira, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Plant Director Overview
The Plant Director is a critical role in all of our 5 strategies and knows how to take ownership for the plant and drives manufacturing. The plant director is the ambassador for the company to the clients, employees and community. At the same time, the Plant Director knows how to collaborate and partner with all stakeholders in the company to drive results. In fact the Plant Director is like a conductor of and orchestra: http://youtu.be/R9g3Q-qvtss
Living the Quad Values
Root cause analysis
At the core of the job and what we share
- Operations/Safety: 60% A Plant Director must drive the operations in the plant; focus is on Quality, Safety and EBITDA; implement projects; ensure product is delivered to the client
- Client: 15%: Must understand the client needs; may interface with client; needs to problem solve client issues; have passion to deliver to the client
- Employee: 20% Ambassador for employee engagement and morale
- Community: 5% Ambassador of Quad in the community
What makes us different and complex
Most complex and most volume. Follows the traditional PD overview.
Smaller locations but may manage multiple plant teams.
Only 1 PD. There are manufacturing managers in Directory.
Similar to Mag/Cat.
Don’t have PD’s; have manufacturing managers.
Different in that PD’s are involved with business planning and accountable to those plans. Press reports to the PD.
Location of the plant can impact what type of talent we need in the plant; volume/client needs may also impact.
As a Plant Director, relationship are of the utmost importance. Plant Directors must understand the matrix environment in which they work. For example, they do not own press or finishing in a direct reporting relationship, and need to partner with the VP’s of the groups to ensure product delivered to client. A Plant Director needs to keep all parties informed on decisions and issues and collaborate to resolve. The matrix can be difficult to maneuver and that is why collaboration, problem solving and influencing are table stakes for this role.
- As an individual,
- Need to have solid knowledge of manufacturing and performing the table stakes (in current role)
- If desire career progression, determine additional needs around Operations, Employee, Sales, and Community
- Review other PD positions and determine which positions would contribute to needed skill set
- As an organization, need to develop a talent pool of employees who meet manufacturing/table stakes in order to develop successors
- Operations/Safety: Meeting plan/EBITDA. Safety metrics.
- Client: Client satisfaction
- Employee: Employee morale
- Community: Community involvement
Derailers of Success
- Cannot balance concerns of all parties (employee/business, client/business, community/employee)
- Lives the song “I do it my way”
- Not being able to build/lead the local leadership team
- Not being able to work/collaborate with others
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.