Skilled Print Operators up to $20,000 relocation
- Lomira, Wisconsin, Appleton, Wisconsin, Illinois, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, St Louis, Missouri, Menasha, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12 hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate throughout the year (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
At Quad we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $27/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
Quad’s plant in Lomira, WI is the largest single print-production facility in the Western Hemisphere with more than 2 million square feet of floor space and home to cutting edge equipment and technology. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical, dental, and optical clinic, along with onsite pharmacy services. In addition there is a 24/7 fitness center open to employees and their dependents and onsite daycare open to Quad families and the public. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, optical, pharmacy, life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Due to new and renewed business Quad is seeking Skilled Print Operators in various areas within our Bindery/Finishing and Press Department, including by not limited to: First and Second Press Operator, Saddle Stitcher, Perfect Binder, Sitma Polywrapper and Offline equipment who will relocate to either Lomira, Wisconsin or Hartford, Wisconsin. We offer paid relocation help to candidates with prior experience. Up to $20,000 paid relocation, temporary living assistance, and travel home opportunities. *speak to a recruiter for specifics.
These positions are responsible for set up and operation of equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continually monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities also include:
- Make-ready and operate equipment based upon written instructions provided.
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality to BPC standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or reject.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for assigned job.
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed, following requisite training
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following equipment: Saddle Stitchers – Muller Martini, Muller Martini Tempo, Muller Martini Tempo 2200 and Goss Harris 855’s. Goss Perfect Binders.Sitma Poly wrappers. Offline equipment including inserters, folders, rotary trimmers, and flat cutters. Press equipment to include 2x6 and 2x8 Manroland, 2x6 Goss, 4x8 c-700, and M1000 2x4 Goss Offset Web Presses.
- 2-3 years of previous Print Operator experience, including set up and operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed to run product for the highest quality in the safest manner
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Must have ability to utilize computer to ensure quality of product
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- The ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends and holidays
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace