Press Assistant RolltenderApply Job ID 19116 Date posted Mar. 26, 2021 Location Lufkin, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, you have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our robust training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn career level wages. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
The Lufkin facility is a web offset plant dedicated to the production of retail advertising inserts. The Lufkin location is 175,000 square feet in size and climate controlled. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Lufkin, TX is seeking a Press Assistant I - Rolltender. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding standard operating procedures of the department
- Coordinate plates and tickets for upcoming jobs and hang paper according to job tickets
- Set up and make splices, bend and hang plates as well as hang blankets and assist with webbing up press
- Ensure correct ink is available for job and check ink fountains regularly
- Set fold during make-readies and check trim sheets to proof and complete necessary roll reports and paperwork accurately
- Communicate effectively with plate room and paper warehouse and coordinate changing of ink, etch, and silicone totes as needed
- Wash up the press and assist with preventative maintenance.
- Candidates must have prior press experience as Press Assistant II (Jogger) with Press Assistant I (Rolltender) training hours completed.
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge of presses and roll stands and the ability to perform basic math calculations are essential.
- Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position also requires the ability to bend and lift 50 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 90 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.